Sunday, August 23, 2009

big step forward

Well, not sure what to make of this.

Last week, we got a note from our coordinator in Irkutsk that said we need to take things to the next level. Basically, this means filing a complaint against the judge, and taking our case to the Supreme Court. At one time, the thought of having to do this would almost cripple me with fear...now, it seemed to empower me.

The problem was in the Judge accepting documents. She wasn't doing it...for us, or anyone else. In the past, all of our documents were being mailed (I posted about this a while ago). Now, the Judge was saying she wasn't going to accept things that are mailed -that we had to make an appointment specifically to deliver documents -thing is, she was taking any appointments. This is all clearly against Russian law - this gave us a firm solid grievance against her.

My plan was to call our Russian coordinator tonight, and talk through the game plan. Then I got an email that simply said:
I just wanted to tell you that I had made one more attempt to submit your documents to the court. The file is in the court now.

Maybe the Judge was notified if she didn't accept the documents, that we were taking things above her head - of course, she doesn't want to look foolish or incompetent to her superiors...maybe this is why she accepted our stuff. Whatever the reason - I don't care. We're not in this to make friends and keep the peace, we're in this to get Anya home.

We will call sometime this week to get more details. But for now - this is great news, and a BIG step forward. I believe that our prayers are bring heard, and God's hand continues to move in this situation.

I'll keep you updated with any more info!

10 comments:

J. said...

Whatever it takes to bring Anya home! Praying that Anya is soon home with her forever family!

Bhunsbuns said...

I agree! this is great news. My 2cents? A grievance is still in order...just think, she is doing this to other families who may not have the faith you do. Forge ahead Kathy, we are praying for you guys.

J-La-Sta said...

I'm so Happy you are finally getting Good News! :)

Lisa said...

Can't wait to see what comes of this!

Jill said...

Good news! Keep the faith!

Becky said...

Good. Our lawyer here in the US had to almost do the same thing due to a feet dragging caseworker who wanted a family with no children to adopt the little boy that we had raised from 7 weeks old to 4 years old.

I am waiting for some great news!

Debbie said...

All right! Just like us - when it was "next step is the SC" the documents got accepted! Onward!!! Yeah

JulieNicholas said...

Praying this means Anya will soon be home with you!!!

Amy...who wanted 4. said...

AWESOME NEWS!!!
Oh my goodness.
God is in control.

Nate and Brenda said...

Glad to hear she finally accepted it. It is so ridiculous how she can pick and choose what she wants to do.