Wednesday, May 28, 2008

update on the adoption front

I guess I should post an update on what is going on with the adoption.

The good news is that the only agency who is accredited in Irkutsk has agreed to help us. This is huge!

We also got a list of things that the Judge has requested changes on...ugh! Sometimes I get so frustrated. Her primary gripe is that she doesn't like our apostille. She said it isn't perfectly square. I asked for our Secretary of State to change it - which they did, but it isn't a perfect square (it is 16cm x 17cm)...I don't know what to do about this. The agency says that they're working with the Russian Embassy to see if there is some kind of verification they can provide. But - that isn't going to be of any help to us - since all of our documents are there. When I hear that there is a problem with the apostille - all I hear is 'you have to redo your dossier again'. All 125+ documents - in triplicate.

I've redone our dossier no less than 7 times. Sometimes it seemed easier than other times. This last time was really hard - I don't know if it was because of my energy level - but it seemed like every document we needed from someone else (i.e. doctors etc.) was wrong - and had to be redone again and again. The thought of having to redo everything again makes me want to hide in a corner and cry.

Please pray that there is some kind of a resolution to this dossier thing. I simply don't see what the big deal is - all of our documents have been accepted (generally speaking) - it's just this one little thing. Furthermore - according to the Hague (the agency who came up with the whole apostille thing), the way our state provides the apostille is fine. UGH!

I am considering getting in touch with the Secretary of State to see if they have any thoughts - which I know they don't - but, can't hurt to ask.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you!!! I just know you will always find strength to do what you need to in order to bring Anya home:) I know there are times you don't feel like you have the energy to walk one more step...but I believe and know you do!

Keep the faith!

Jessica

J. said...

Praying for you guys. We know all too well how frustrating this is - do and redoing, and yes, some rounds are easier than others. Hang in there, you are not alone!

Debbie said...

Praying also - and yes, sometimes redoing is easier than others -- it sure takes a toll emotionally which I don't think people really understand unless they've walked the walk... And we haven't redone as much as you! I am confident tho that God has a plan for this and it will be resolved and Anya will come home...

Nate and Brenda said...

Thinking of you guys. It is insane to have to keep doing over and over and over. Praying that she will just let that control go.

Becky said...

This has to be one of the longest 'pregnancies' is history! I check up on you weekly and pray that someday soon the good news will come.