Ever have one of those days?
Well, today was that day for me. Thought it was going to be a great day - had an appointment this morning - went well...then it all fell apart.
In a nutshell, I had to fire someone (who should be on meds), got in a very minor car accident, found out that one of the pre-adoptive parents I have been waiting with is in Moscow waiting to come home with her bundle of joy (not from Irkutsk...and I am VERY happy for her - just stings a little for some reason, and I am embarrassed to even admit that!), am so sore from the gym yesterday that I can't move (I was trying to be someone I obviously am not), realized I have a butt load of laundry to do - and can't foresee a time to get it done, and think I have a big zit coming on my forehead. Great. Perfect ending to a crappy day.
I know that makes me sound like I am complaining - and I am not. Just a trying day that I am glad is over.
So - instead of TGIF, for me it will be TGISaturday!
3 comments:
Sorry. We just had a discussion at small group about dealing with crappy days. We sure miss seeing you and will continue to pray for you and your loved ones. Love, Kris
Hey Kris - I miss you guys too! Thanks for not forgetting about me :)
...and for the record - Saturday and Sunday were MUCH better days! The car, unfortunatley, has about $1,000 in damage :(
Kathy - the being happy and yet not for other Russian parents is something we ALL have to deal with and you certainly aren't alone... And it's not even the Russian parents, it's all friends and family who continue to build their families... I have to work on jealousy and pray for help for it all the time! Debbie
Post a Comment