When my boys were all teens, (the oldest 18 and ready to move) I started having this dream. It was a dream of a baby, in a dirty diaper, whispy blonde hair, dirty, sitting in piles of garbage and there were bugs everywhere. She had a dirty bottle and arms extended like "please pick me up". It was a pathetic sort of cry, and then I'd be trying to reach her, pick her up, and I couldn't get to her, she'd start fading away and it was like I knew she was starving and dying (like inside)
and then I'd wake up. This happened again and again, sometimes several times a night where sleep was disturbed alot.
In talking to my friends, they said, "oh, it is probably empty nest!" I thought, NO WAY! I definitly DO NOT have empty nest; our nest is full and I'm looking forward to the guys going off to college and the next stage of life. (I'm not one of those wanna keep em' young till they are 30 types)
This went on for several months off and on. Then, it went away. It was gone for 2 years. I didn't think that much about it, but was also puzzled by it.
One day, our relatives from Oklahoma came to visit. They had an extra child with them. She was 4, very, very tiny for her age, whispy blonde hair.... she said, "will you be my mommy and daddy?"
We figured she asked everybody that, but there was something in her look, in her question that was more. Something not to be brushed off so easily.
After they left, guess what came back? That same dream. Intense as ever.
Still didn't connect it.
Well, we adopted that little girl, our little Anna. It takes a long time for US adoptions to finalize, especially when they are between states. So 10 months later, after she had been with us that long, we finalized our adoption. That meant, we FINALLY were able to see her disclosure papers.
This is what I read.
Anna was picked up by the police. The police report stated that she was in a house with piles of garbage and bugs, sitting in a dirty diaper with a bottle, crying.
I got chills. That was my dream. I knew it right then. I knew that all those doubts that had flooded my mind, "did we do the right thing?", " are we too old?" "are we the right parents?" "do we have what it takes"? The Lord KNEW I'd be asking those questions.... so he sent confirmation ahead of time and sealed it in our hearts forever that we are hers and she is ours and that is how it is meant to be.
She KNOWS this story and rests in it, that God looked down and saw a little girl in big trouble and arranged ahead of time for our hearts to be ready for each other. Not our timing, but His.
Monday, January 07, 2008
Good Story
I read this on one of the chat boards I am on - I thought you night enjoy the story.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow what a powerful story. I hope she's doing well now after such a cruel start. Thanks for sharing!
Judy
Post a Comment