Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Hello Everyone.

The past few days several things have happened I want to update you on. First, Peggy Sue Hilt (the women who killed her Russian adopted child) had her sentence reduced. Why - I have no idea. I am too mad about it to even think about it.

Second, I was told tonight by one of the families who adopted from Irkutsk, using the agency we were using, that the FBI is now involved in some investigation. All I know is that this has something to do with the coordinator the agency used in Russia. I don't know who is at the root of this, but I do know that this is part of our problem. Several weeks ago, we were told by our lawyer that there is an ongoing investigation in Irkutsk - if I knew the American family involved, to ask them to please stop this investigation...it is hurting those of us who are still waiting. Apparently the Judge made some comment that she will not hear any cases that have anything to do with an agency while this investigation is ongoing. We are now considered independent (not with an agency) - and I don't know where that puts us.

No comments: