Thursday, February 03, 2011

Share The Well

I have a friend who is, well, pretty amazing.  She and her husband are the kinds of people you don't believe really exist.  Honestly, before I got to know them well - I thought much of what I heard about them was hype.  Now, don't get me wrong...before I got to know them, I knew they were nice people.  I knew they deeply cared about the cause of Christ, but I really thought they were just nice people.

Truth is - they are the real deal.  They are the kind of Christ-followers most of us would like to be.  They walk the walk, and talk the talk.  But at the same time they are real. 

A few years ago when we were in the heat of the adoption process, I got the kindest post on this blog.  It was from Michelle.  The note came during one of those times when I really thought we were the only people in the world praying for Anya and the adoption.  Her kind words helped crush the reality I was convincing myself existed.  The reality that everyone thought we (I) were crazy for pressing on. The reality that no one supported us in the decision to adopt.  I needed Michelle's note.  It gave me strength.  It reminded me that God WAS on our side. That those naysayers were just that...naysayers. It helped me get used to the idea that not everyone was going to love our plans for being a family, but it didn't matter.

Anyway - I digress...from that one little note on my blog, Michelle and I became friends. What I love the most about her is that she knows me...and likes me anyway. She actually appreciates my overly-obsessed ways with fashion and shopping.

Michelle (and her husband, Rob) have a huge heart for reaching the darkest places on earth with the light of Jesus. She has gone places (alone!) that I wouldn't even consider going. She is showing her kids what the love of Jesus looks like...everyday.  It is pretty cool.

Rob and Michelle have been doing an incredible work in India. They are making a difference, but they want to make more than just a difference...they want to help make a change in the lives of the people of India.

Through several trips to India (and by several I mean a LOT OF TRIPS), Rob and Michelle have collected stories about the Indian people. Stories of hope.  Stories of how God can change a life, a family, a community. They have turned these stories into a book called Share the Well.

I would like to encourage you to get this book.  It will be the best $20 you've ever spent. Not only will your heart be touched by the pictures and words on the pages of this book, but the $20 you spend will help to continue to make a change.  These words are from the Share The Well website:
When you purchase this book you are a part of serving the poorest of the poor, you are stepping into a small role in the movement. This is not just another purchase, but a socially transformative contribution to a movement that is bringing health, life, and freedom to the oppressed. You are Sharing the Well with others as we Share the Well with you.

1 comment:

Michelle Wegner said...

thank you so much for your kind words, and for your support. :)