Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Love of your Life

Today we were in the car...a song came on WFRN, and part of the words are "be the Love of my Life". I am trying to teach Anya the REAL words to her favorite songs...so I was singing 'love of my life' very deliberately. This was a great launch into a "love of your life" conversation.

After explaining to her what that phrase means, the conversation went something like this:

"so, Anya - who is the Love of YOUR life"

fully expecting her to say Mommy and Daddy, she said...

A: "um, God and Jesus"

I might not be the best Mom in the world, and I know I fail more than I get gold stars for the day...I know her teacher doesn't think I work enough with her on reading, spelling and English...but I think we're doing the really important things right.

...and thanks, WFRN - for allowing these kinds of teachable moments.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

That's just precious! I'd say you're doing just fine!

Amy...who wanted 4. said...

How cool is THAT????
Love it!

Stephanie Lancione said...

Smart girl!! Love that she already says that :)

Anonymous said...

We strive to raise God fearing /loving children...... Not pro athletes or superstars......you are reflecting the love of Christ everyday as you teach your daughter with words and actions