Saturday, July 25, 2009

the next step

I wasn't sure what to make of the next step in this adoption process. One minute we're told that the Judge told us to resubmit in July - and the next minute we're told that we have an option: submit in July, or wait until September. (ya, waiting WASN'T an option!)

One thing that I've learned (either through experience or maturity) is to not get upset over the things I can't control. So when our coordinator said he was going to resubmit our documents this month, and when I pressed for a specific date and didn't get one...I let it go. I've also learned that when I press for answers, sometimes I don't get the REAL answer :)

As typical - once a week, I sent the obligatory status update request email to our coordinator. Generally I don't get any reply - which is in keeping with all things Russian (if there is no news, there is no reply). This week, I got a reply. It said simply that a reply from the court can take up to 4 weeks., then a few hours later, we got another reply that we are currently waiting for a reply and expect to get a statement from the Judge any day.

Call me cautiously optimistic - but 'any day' has a different definition in Russia than it does here. So I would think we should know more by the end of the month.

5 comments:

Becky said...

I love the song from Fireproof by John Waller called 'I'm Waiting'. You are right, there is nothing you can do but wait. How frustrating. There has to be a plan in all of this - keep on trusting His heart.

J. said...

rememeber...when we least expect it....

:)

Debbie said...

Cautiously optimistic is how we HAVE to operate in this situation... and ditto what Judy says! Personal experience talking!!! ((hugs))

Lisa Betsinger Wojtkowiak said...

It's the end of the month so I pray that news is on its way.

xoxo
Lisa B. Wojo

kate said...

But that's GOOD news! It means that the papers actually WERE submitted.