I think there is a plan. I don't know - but I think it's a plan.
We were given the option to resubmit our documents this month, or hold everything until September. Holding everything until September seemed crazy to us (I can't even say it - or type it - without making a crazy face)...so, our documents are being resubmitted to the court in Russia in the next few days.
The way things work - documents aren't delivered in person. For some reason, that never seems to work - so documents are mailed. Apparently when they are mailed, there is a signature - and that signature is proof of acceptance. Sounded like our stuff would be mailed soon...but 'soon' in Russia means a few weeks.
I'm back on my knees again over this. In some ways, it doesn't seem like anything has changed since February. In other ways, it seems like a ton of progress has been made in the past 5 months.
So for now...we pray.
7 comments:
So... I don't get it. Why would there be a wait until September if you don't submit right away? Is there a holiday in August I am unaware of?
And I thought Alex delivered the documents in person?
Crazy faces here too!
Praying along with you...
Clearly there's so rhyme nor reason to ANYTHING related to adoption in Russia!
While in Russia in Jan/Feb, both Alex & Irina agreed that mailing documents meant the court "had" to accept them, and thus, gave a solid ground for appeals to the SC if need be...
I guess the re-submit in September would mean everyone was back from vacation, right?
It sounds like mailing it makes it more official.
More prayers.
Praying-
Praying...
Delivering papers in person they can be turned away without a thought - mailing means they are "accepted" (to a point anyways)
And as Kate said, August is like total vacation month for many of the people...
Like I told you, July was when things really started to move for us last year -- praying for that for you also!!
Hoping and praying that things go your way...
I know better than to ask...and yet I can't help it!
Any news?
Post a Comment