So - our documents were presented on Friday. These were the updates that the Judge in Russia requested at the beginning of the month. On Saturday I get an email from our coordinator that said:
I got the documents in advance, thank you - all was good at this point. I was able to submit the papers to the court on Friday. Later in the day I spoke to the judge's assistant and she said that the judge would not accept any papers in June. She was returning almost all files, as the court is overwhelmed with lots of submitted cases.
The court has appointed two more judges to hear the adoptions, so my plan is to resubmit your file with existing documents to the court in July. I hope that the new judge will take it without major requests.
I felt like I had been punched in the gut. This doesn't say that our documents are being returned...but it didn't say that they weren't.
I have to remember there is some big reason this is happening. I am sure there is something God is protecting us from or something that is part of His plan we can't see
But I can't help but to wonder why.
Anya's 7th birthday was Sunday. When I got home from Russia in January - the outside date that we would be with Anya again was her birthday. Well, that date came and went - and in some ways, I don't feel that we're any farther ahead (for all the submissions and resubmissions).
2 comments:
Yea. I was surprised to hear about the additional judges a few weeks ago myself. But after thinking about it, I think it will be a good thing for all the waiting families. With 3 judges to sort through the paper work and one of them having experience and us having the knowledge that she is very pro adoption is a huge blessing. So it may slow things down initially but in the end I can see it as nothing but good news. God's in control.
I can just feel what you're feeling, Kathy! I'm so sorry... but yes, I know that this is one example of "in all thing God works for the GOOD of those who love him"... but we may never know on this earth the "whys" -- add it to our list to ask him in heaven some day. The double wammy of the birthday and the news - now the harder part of "waiting"... Hold on to God's promises - you're continuing to get closer!
Maybe God's protecting you from Siberia in the hot summer!?!)
Post a Comment