Friday, June 05, 2009

after I took a breath

Well, it's been about a week since we got the new statement from the Judge. I've had time to think about it - to read it and re-read it, and honestly, it isn't as bad as I initially thought. There are only 9 things on the statement - and most of them are questions about our laws that are easy to answer.

We will do the best we can to get everything done and back to Russia...the deadline is the 17th - which means I have to mail everything by the 12th - I have a week.

Something just occurred to me. Our documents are due on the 22nd. That is the day after Anya's Birthday. Anya's 7th Birthday...which is also Father's Day.

Found out that our coordinator is going on vacation for 2 weeks - at the end of the Month. He said that he will have someone working for him while he is gone - someone checking with the court on a new statement. I need to talk to him AGAIN about that. For some reason, I still don't feel "ok" about it.

Wondering what the kick in the pants is? Our placing agency - the one with the accreditation to work in Russia...had their accreditation (license) suspended for 3 months today by the Russia government. Why? Who knows. The good news is that our homestudy agency (who was black listed) is now in good standing with the MOE in Russia...

It's always something.

4 comments:

Jane said...

Kathy,
That is interesting about the placing agency. I haven't heard anything about that from my homestudy agency. I guess that means a call on Monday! Yikes! Like you said, it is always something...

kate said...

GROAN on your agency being suspended!! So sorry about that. Does this mean you're at a standstill for three months?

Hey--did you find the e-mail for Oprah's producer? No worries if not--will find a general address on her website.

Debbie said...

I usually found that after the emotions got out of the legal statements they usually were manageable... I'm sure it will be Andrew who will be checking with the court and he has been handling things for other (non USA) families...it will be fine.

Wondering about NL and why the suspension; hopefully it's something not too major.

And Anya's BD is 6/22? Mine is 6/23 so it MUST mean something big is in the air! LOL

Keep pressing on - praying for and thinking of you...

J-La-Sta said...

Continuing to follow your journey and praying for you guys!