Sunday, October 21, 2007

Tornado hits Nappannee

A Tornado touched down Thursday in a small town called Nappanee - this is very close to our house. Thursday night, we were on our way to Lowe's, and the radio weather guy came on and said, "dangerous storm system heading East...towns in the path of the storm are Goshen, Dunlap, Bristol" Well, we were in Dunlap, heading to Goshn from Bristol. Anyone who knows me at all knows I DO NOT like storms!

After eating dinner, and thinking that all the rhetoric on the radio and TV about the storms was a scare tactic...we learned about what was happening a little south of us.

I saw some photos today of the destruction on another blog...

Derry Prenkert: Tornado Touch Down in Nappanee

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing by looking at the devistation that no one was killed. But being from Wakarusa, I know that Nappanee is a "praying town." God was truly looking over everyone during this storm. I've heard story after story about people having no basement, unable to leave their home or being totally unaware of the storm until it started to take their homes, who "hunkered down" somewhere in their home and just prayed. Some of these individuals homes were taken except for the room they were praying in. The man from Red Cross who is in Nappanee right now made the comment that he was totally amazed at the amount of people who showed up to help on the scheduled "clean up day." He also said he had never seen a Community pull together like this anywhere. So maybe "we" all need to come together and "hunker down" with you and Marty in a special place and pray each week until Anya is able to come home.

Unknown said...

Wow, thanks Joan! I just came home after a very LONG and exhausting day. I really needed to read this! Thank you! You're right - THINGS HAPPEN WHEN PEOPLE PRAY! MIRACLES HAPPEN WHEN PEOPLE PRAY!