adoption prayer Friday #3 April 13, 2007
"This kind (of evil) can come out only
by prayer and fasting"
UPDATE
Well, what a whirlwind week! I know I have said it before, but it is amazing to me what happens when people pray.
Seems like so much has happened in a week; chatter and energy continue to rise with those parents waiting to adopt children from Irkutsk. We're all banning together in a wonderful way, as a united force. We are deciding to make a lot of noise. Our government isn't willing to help us; however there is someone with the State Department who seems to have a heart. This woman is someone we've spoken to in the past, but now there are many families all telling her the same story. So - who knows? We are planning to file a complaint with the Human Rights board in Russia for violations and discrimination because we are American. This will only be successful if all of the waiting families do this together. It is looking like we have everyone's support!
We also have been able to make contact this week with a Russian family. This family has members in the Russian government. They seem to be willing to help us, to write personal letters on official government stationary - pretty amazing. We are praying that if this is the way we are supposed to take to bring Anya home, that the path continue to be easy, well defined and swift!
Today is the third Friday we are fasting and praying for favor with all the entities that we (and other families) need to overcome to bring the children waiting in Irkutsk home. Favor is the key.
By fasting, we're not suggesting we all not eat for 24 hours. Some things our friends have decided to fast include:
the Internet
dinner out
sugar
coffee
smoking
soap operas
video games
This week I will be fasting candy and dinner - and my usual wine with Friday night dinner. Marty is going to be fasting sugar (all things sweet - that includes cookies!). I am trying to convince him to fast working on this computer program project (thing I don't understand) - but I haven't completely convinced him that is a good idea (yet!).
When you think about that 'thing' you are fasting, remember our prayer for favor, and say a little prayer for Anya.
Our Faith and strength might not make sense to all of you. Phil 4:13 says 'For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength' - This is the strength that keeps us fighting to bring Anya home!
Looking forward to the incredible story from our prayers!
Love,
Marty and Kathy
No comments:
Post a Comment